We have compiled a list of useful things you need to consider when selecting a slip-resistant floor.
- Does the product have sustainable slip-resistance that is guaranteed for the life of the floor?
- Are the particles evenly spread through the performance layer for long-term performance?
- Does the product meet the requirements of the 50,000 cycles Abrasion Test?
- Does the product achieve a rating of 36+ for low-slip potential on the Pendulum Test in WET conditions? This can be checked on-site?
- Does the product achieve a surface roughness result of 20 microns and above (or higher, depending on the requirements of the area where the floor is installed)? This can be checked on-site.
Manufacturers and suppliers should be responsible and accurate with their provision of technical data, providing guarantees and assurances where necessary. They should be able to answer (and provide proof of) the five questions.
For more advice from our vinyl flooring specialists, why not download our latest eBook, Flooring contractor's guide: Developing and growing your business with vinyl flooring.